Submitted by admin on
This year we will elect a Vice Chair, a Secretary-Treasurer, and 2 Liaison Directors. A link to the ballot will be sent to you by email.
The Vice Chair shall:
- Formulate and implement long-term plans and strategic activities for the Forum.
- Implement projects in coordination with the Chair.
- Serve as the Forum liaison to the Institute.
- Be responsible for the programming activities of the Forum. The Vice-Chair, incollaboration with the Chair, shall prepare for the symposia and other programs. Responsibilities include coordinating Forum activities with the National Programming Committee and other programming groups. The Vice-Chair shall be the representative of CoMSEF to the National Program Committee.
The Vice Chair becomes Chair after the two-year term.
The candidates for Vice Chair are:
- Neeraj Rai (Mississippi State)
- Jeetain Mittal (Lehigh)
The Secretary-Treasurer shall:
- Handle the general correspondence of the Forum, and shall, at the direction of the Chair, issue all notices of all meetings.
- Handle and record the collection and disbursement of funds as authorized by the Executive Committee of the Forum.
- Coordinate, with Headquarters, the preparation, electronic mailing, and tallying of annual election ballots.
- Submit a report covering the finances and activities of the Forum at the end of each year to the Executive Committee of the Forum and the Secretary of the Institute.
- Prepare a proposed budget for the upcoming year, for review and approval by the Executive Committee.
The candidate for Secretary-Treasurer is:
- Joe Golab (Illinois Mathematics and Science Academy)
The Liaison Directors shall:
- Facilitate programming with other organizations by identifying opportunities for co-sponsorship
- Communicate and advocate CoMSEF activities with other organizations.
- As members of the Executive Committee, aid the other officers in developing and carrying out CoMSEF activities and preparing the CoMSEF newsletter.
The candidates for Liaison Director are:
- Diwaker Shukla (Illinois)
- Kayla Sprenger (Colorado)
- Poornima Padmanabhan (Rochester Institute of Technology)
- Ryan Mullen (Lawrence Livermore National Lab)
- Julia Dshemuchadse (Cornell)
- Reid Van Lehn (Wisconsin-Madison)
- Amir Haji-Akbari (Yale)